COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect the following types of information:
- Your personal information and other information that you submit to us through the Website using forms, e-mail or otherwise (“Personal Information“).
- Credit card and other payment details, which are provided directly to, and processed by, a third-party credit card processing gateway and which are not received or stored by us.
- Communications between you and us.
- Details of the computer system or computer network which you use to visit the Website, such as a unique device identifier, user behaviour from web based cookies and web beacons (see the heading “Cookies and Internet Advertising” below for more details), session identifiers. IP address, operating system, browser type, browser version, browser configuration, name of Internet Service Provider, and other types of computer and connection related information relevant to identifying your type of device, connecting to the Website, enabling data exchange with you and your device, and ensuring a convenient use of the Website.
Cookies and Internet Advertising:
- To authenticate and identify users when they use the Website;
- To prevent fraud;
- To maintain the security of the Website;
- To personalize and enhance our users’ experience with the Website;
- To collect information, including viewing patterns, click-throughs, visited pages, and responses to e-mail;
- To understand and enhance the Website, and
- To monitor visitor traffic and actions on the Website.
USE OF INFORMATION
Your Personal Information will be used by us only to contact you and in the preparation of documents purchased by you. As lawyers, your Personal Information is subject to our ethical duty of confidentiality.
Information other than your Personal Information may be used to:
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Website;
- develop and test new products and features;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and
- diagnose or fix technology problems.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
All Personal Information submitted to us through the Website is confidential and subject to solicitor-client privilege. However, we may be under an independent ethical duty to reveal privileged information where: (a) disclosure is required to prevent harm to an identifiable group, (b) disclosure is required to make sure that innocent parties are not unjustly convicted of criminal convictions, or (c) we are required to disclose the information by law or court order.
We may disclose your information (other than Personal Information) as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, device identifiers and location data, to third-party organizations that help us make the Website available to you, who will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to assist with the Website under reasonable confidentiality terms. We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
We use reasonable measures to safeguard your information, including your Personal Information, against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide absolute security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft and the practice known as “phishing” is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DISCLOSURE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH DISCLOSURE IS MADE INTENTIONALLY OR THROUGH OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
In accordance with our Terms and Conditions, you must be 18 years of age to access the Website.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Corporate Law Express
December 1, 2020